Monday, November 1, 2010

5 days post surgery

I had initially planned on updating this blog every day, but I soon realized that my days are...very...boring... :)

My roommates both took off out of town this Halloween weekend, which was actually quite nice.  Casey took her Great Dane with her and Randy was off home to Virginia, so it was just Mom and me and Lambeau :) We took it easy and Mom cooked up a storm! She made monkey bread, breakfast pizza, spaghetti bake and chicken dumpling soup - it was all deeeelicious! :)

Other excitement for the weekend included showering (it doesn't sound very exciting, but really, it was!), getting out to a friend's house for 1/2 of the Michigan State football game (my first outing post-surgery!), and - due to a Lions football blackout since they didn't sell out the stadium - Mom and I got to watch the Packers from the comfort of the couch on regular TV (this doesn't happen very often, so it was definitely great timing on that!).

Today has also a pretty big day.  Mom and I ran some errands to Wal-mart and Target in preparation for me going to class tomorrow.  I'll have to sit through an hour of class and also an hour presentation of a labmate.  I think I'm ready for it! I was out and walking around for about an hour and didn't get too tired (or cranky) :) Mom is leaving on Wednesday already, so I've got to 2 days to get self-sufficient! :)

My next doctor appointment is Friday, I'll be able to get stitches out then and hopefully start scheduling some physical therapy appointments!

Thanks again for all of the support! You guys all rock :)

No comments:

Post a Comment